Monday, January 7, 2013

Treatment #3, Hat #2

As mentioned earlier, the first series of 5 hats were made with a pattern from M. Nishioka, aka I Like Lemons. She had a free copy of the hat on her blog and also on Ravelry--it's the Button-Tab Knit Hat. I made a few changes to the pattern as my yarn was a bit thicker than she used, and the buttons came from my 20+-year-old button jar. 

I used a lot of baby yarn in my caps because it's made to be ultrasoft, and this is no exception. The cuff is Patons Beehive Baby Chunky in Color 76007 Lushest Lace, while the bulk of the hat is Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Sprinkles in Color DN350-02 Baby Blues. Most of the tufts on this yarn stayed on the purl or inside of the cap where I thought they'd be extra soft against chemo-abused skin.The buttons were leftovers from a jacket I made for myself (back when I used to/had to sew my own clothes) back in the 70s. Yeah, I'm THAT old.



And I had my weekly meeting with the doc today--no problems to report as I'm just in the beginning of the therapy. And I still plan to walk with the neighbor or hit the gym 5 times a week no matter what.

No comments: