Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hat #9, a change of yarn and stitch pattern

Aha! And you thought they'd all be the color changing yarn, didn't you? Nope. I have a soft spot for tweed yarns so had to include a couple. Here's the pillbox knitted in Red Heart Fiesta, Color 6382 Country Blue.


I think I love this flat ribbing stitch!
































And this is a rib pattern for which I don't know the name since I just made it up. So I suppose I could call it the Feisty Stitch? It's a combination of Stockinette Stitch and Garter Stitch arranged in columns that's used frequently as a non-elastic ribbing that lies flat, although I varied the size of the columns because I like asymmetry.

Evil Bill fulfilled my musical request today and played "Crazy Train", turning the volume up just a bit for me. Well, probably more than just a bit, but it seems we may be fellow Classic Rock buffs. He bought the Black Sabbath album when he was in 7th grade. I tried to challenge his playlist at the facility, asking for something by Iron Butterfly tomorrow. He said he'd played them just last week, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" to be precise. Which was exactly the song I wanted to hear. He wasn't sure of the title so I had to explain the history of the piece, but I also assured him that I didn't inhale. I'll be rockin' the radiation again tomorrow!

1 comment:

RMK said...

Looks like you're very busy & quite creative ..... thinking of you!