Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm back again!

I'm back, hopefully without interruption this time. By way of explanation, the last 4 years have been ... difficult. I oversaw the renovation of my family home and the moving into same, helped take care of both in-laws in their last days, helped take care of one brother, buried him and two other brothers, had a parotidectomy (surgical removal of my left parotid gland) which was consequently diagnosed as a non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and went through radiation therapy. I thought I was handling things well, but it turns out I was slowly getting burned out. So I've taken a few months away from my online shop and hibernated a bit; did a lot of gardening (dirt makes me happy!); did a lot of knitting with my handspun; did a lot of thinking and rethinking.

And I'm back and ready to roll. I've reorganized both my Etsy shops. Feistywoman Designs will now carry knitted garments made from my handspun yarns, knitting patterns, and kits. Feistywoman Handspun is where you'll find the yarns, along with spinning batts, knitting patterns and kits. The kits are still a work-in-progress but I'm slowly updating photos and uploading items to the shops. Check the shops or my Facebook page for updates.

I've also ramped up my teaching. Lisa and I have come up with a good selection of classes, both spinning and knitting, at Darn Yarns Needles and Threads in Harmony, PA. Just stop in or drop her a line to request the class lineup, we'd love to enable you! I'm also teaching the spindle spinning classes at the Waynesburg Wool Festival, two classes a day for the weekend so there's plenty of choices to fit your schedule. I thought long and hard about teaching at the Finger Lakes Festival since I love it, but I think I'm already overcommitted for this year.

My goodness, that's a lot of links for one post, isn't it?

There's a few things in the works that have to remain secret for now, but I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

RMK said...

Looking forward to seeing you at the Waynesburg Sheep & Fiber Fest .... heard you were teaching a class ... yea!

Feisty said...

Yes, I'm doing the spindle spinning classes again this year! Two classes each day, although you'll have to check the website to see the times since I haven't had enough caffeine yet to allow my brain to remember.

We'll also have spindles for sale so students can immediately continue what they learned in class. Lippencott Alpacas is bringing in a line of spindles just for my students.