Sunday, May 25, 2014

Stash Enhancement

Not that I need more fiber, but Great Lakes Fiber Festival gets me every time!

Ready-to-spin fiber:


Gradient Merino/silk top from Fiber Optic

Big Bundles and some spiffy sock yarn from Rivers Edge


And a Shetland lamb's fleece that I just couldn't resist. About a 6" staple, no weak tips, just enough lanolin to make it spin like buttah.....





















Photos don't include the light blue, royal blue and red dyed flax top I found or the silk thread (200 yds per spool!) for plying.

We ran into (several times as a matter of fact) two friends from my guild, and Linda was also bitten by the same Shetland fleece vendor. Fred Maier has really nice fleeces. And now that I've let the cat out of the bag, you'll all run to his booth next year and buy him out before I can get there, right?

It was a beautiful weekend for fiber shopping and we all had lovely time.

No comments: