Thursday, April 3, 2014

Just released today, Elizabeth Lovick's patterns developed for a WWI movie being filmed in the UK. I'm in love with Violet's Jacket and have already downloaded a copy from Ravelry. I have some lovely wool/linen blend yarn in a great deep cranberry shade that would be wonderful in this jacket. I just have to dig it out of the stash, make sure it's the right size yarn and that there's enough to complete the jacket. It's not as though I have too few projects on the needles at the moment.....

Because I'm just about ready to release a new hat pattern, done in both crochet and knitting. I'm having the pattern tested this week, but it will take about 200 yards of colorful worsted handspun and another 200 yards of soli-color commercial worsted yarn. I will be making up kits with my handspun so that you can choose the matching solid yarn in the color that works for you. Kits will be available on my website and a local yarn shop as soon as the test hat is finished, the photos redone (sadly, the weather and lighting have been crappy lately), and kits assembled. It looks like there will only be one or two duplicates of each handspun color available so these will be very special hats!



 
 
Garden News:
 
I have defeated the raccoons by bringing in the feeders every night! And the deer seem to have moved on, as they only show up here every two weeks or so. They seem to have a grazing circuit at this time of year. The doe is heavily pregnant and her twins are still hanging around.
 
I need to get my pepper seeds in their little starters and do a garden plan so I'm sure everything gets enough sunlight and is in a different spot than last year, uncover the boxes so they're ready for compost addition in a week or so, prune the blueberry bushes and remove the straw from the raspberry plants. Not too sure what to do about the elderberry canes, tho. That will require some research as most folks don't grow them--or even know that they CAN grow them in the back yard.
 
Coming up for sale:
I have an original 8H 48" weaving width Gallinger Loom that I purchased about 10 years ago. It was living in a chicken coop but has been completely cleaned up and oiled. It has metal heddles but I've purchased Texsolv heddles and tie-ups for it. Unfortunately I recently realized that I'm too short or the breast beam is too tall for me to use the loom, so I've decided to pass it on to someone else to enjoy. If you're interested and local, please get in touch. I'd love to see it find another happy home.
 
And with that, I'm off to the studio to spin!

No comments: